Message from Alan Tudge MP.
The measures we announced in the Budget will really support our community and includes support for families – especially in reducing the cost of childcare and getting into the housing market; cutting tax and the cost of living; support for local businesses and manufacturers; and more support for mental health and our older Australians.
There is support for:
- Support for families with future childcare cuts, housing deposits support for single parents and the Super Saver scheme expansion to assist with house deposits.
- Cutting the cost of living with tax relief and removal of the threshold on employer super contributions.
- Support for retirees to boost their income. Changes to the work test requirements regarding superannuation. Expansion of the Pension Loan Scheme.
- Support for aged care including funding including more Home Care Packages.
- Support for mental health with funding, more Headspace centres and a new National Suicide Prevention office. Funding will also be provided to expand the Headspace model for those aged over 25 by creating 40 Head to Health centres and an online platform.
- Backing local business with extensions to the instant asset write offs and the full expensing and temporary loss carry-back to businesses can write off Covid-related losses.
I will continue to keep you updated on these measures as they roll out over the coming months. These measures are an important step in giving our community the tools to increase opportunities and build a secure future.
My office is here to support you as always. If you have any questions about the Budget or have any other queries, please do not hesitate to call, or email my office.
Alan Tudge MP
Federal Member for Aston