We are a bi-monthly, not for profit community newspaper produced by local volunteers, the MDLC and Ferntree Gully Village Traders Inc.
- Car Park in Ferntree Gully Village?
- Blind Creek reimagined in Lewis Reserve
- Quarry Reserve – A Story of Community Action
- Conversations drive community safety work
- The passing of historian Helen Coulson
- Remembering Terry Potter
- Future Directions for Koolunga Native Reserve
- Storm Recovery Support from Eastern Community Legal Centre
- Knox Volunteer Resource Centre co-ordinator runner up in State Awards
- National Sorry Day 2022
Contact Us9758 3056Open Tuesdays 10am to 3pm (or by appointment).
Tag Archives: CNAV
Ferntree Gully News’ December 2020 editorial won the Award for Best Editorial. Continue reading
Ferntree Gully News is proud to have been recognised at the 2020 CNAV Community Newspaper Awards, this year live-streamed via Zoom on Saturday 14th November. The CNAV Conference is held by the Community Newspaper Association of Victoria each year to … Continue reading
In October the Gully News team was well represented at the Community Newspapers Victoria (CNAV) conference held at the York on Lilydale in Mount Evelyn. We gathered to discuss publishing and the growth of community newspapers. For a first-timer it … Continue reading
Five volunteer-run community newspapers in Knox were on display in the Community Space at Westfield early in August. Team members plan to be there regularly – next occasion is Wednesday 4 November. The Community Space is beside Liquorland near the … Continue reading
At the 2014 Conference of Community Newspapers Victoria (CNAV), Ferntree Gully News won the Annual Award for Best Story by Someone under 18. The ‘someone’ was Jessica Riordan, a Year 10 student from Monbulk College who came to our newspaper … Continue reading