Five new and four returning councillors will represent the Knox community for the next four years, with the results of the 2020 Council elections announced by the Victorian Electoral Commission.
Nicole Seymour, Lisa Cooper, Darren Pearce and Marcia Timmers-Leitch return to Council. Yvonne Allred, Jude Dwight, Sorina Grasso, Meagan Baker and Susan Laukens are elected as new councillors for Knox.
The election results mark a significant shift in gender representation, with eight of nine wards represented by women.
The full list of councillors for 2020-2024 are:
- Baird Ward – Yvonne Allred (newly elected)
- Chandler Ward – Jude Dwight (newly elected)
- Collier Ward – Marcia Timmers-Leitch (returning)
- Dinsdale Ward – Sorina Grasso (newly elected)
- Dobson Ward – Meagan Baker (newly elected)
- Friberg Ward – Susan Laukens (newly elected)
- Scott Ward – Lisa Cooper (returning)
- Taylor Ward – Darren Pearce (returning)
- Tirhatuan Ward – Nicole Seymour (returning).
Council recognises and thanks outgoing councillors Jake Keogh, Adam Gill, Tony Holland, John Mortimore and Peter Lockwood for their contributions to the Knox community.
Councillors were officially sworn-in at a ceremony on Monday 9 November, with Mayoral and Deputy Mayoral Election scheduled for Monday 16 November.
Both events were livestreamed on Council’s website and conducted in keeping with COVID-19 restrictions.