The Upwey Township Group, in partnership with Burrinja, are thrilled to present The Upwey Archies 2019.
Inspired by the Archibald Prize and the ‘Not The Archies’ exhibitions, the Upwey Archies is a community portrait project, bringing together the creative voices and vision of the community as a celebration of the people of Upwey.
This is a chance to create an original artwork celebrating someone special to you or to the hills, and be in the running for six awards with mystery prizes like theatre tickets and meals in Upwey.
The exhibition of portraits is then displayed in the windows of Upwey Traders until 12
How it works…
- Head to Burrinja (corner of Glenfern Road and Matson Drive, Upwey) between August 9-17 to pay the registration fee, collect a canvas and registration form. Burrinja is open Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 2pm.
- Create a portrait of a person that is important to you on the canvas provided.
- Complete your Artwork Description on line by following the link in your confirmation of registration email.
- Complete the information on the back of your canvas.
- Drop off your finished and dry artwork at Burrinja between September 28 and October 5. (Burrinja will not accept wet or damp artwork).
- Attend the launch and award presentation ceremony, 11am Saturday October 12 at the Upwey Village Green (near the playground).
- Bring your friends and family to Upwey to see your artwork on display in the windows of Upwey Traders from October 12 to November 12.
- Collect your artwork from Burrinja between November 15 and 23. (No responsibility will be taken for works not collected by this date.)
For more information email Toni at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Burrinja on 9754 8723.